5 Secrets of Effective Sales Meetings
Only 29% of salespeople are on track to hit quota this year. For most sales teams facing a challenging year, the immediate has been to invest in pipeline generation. But spending more resources on leads without optimising conversation is like pouring water into a leaky bucket. Let's look at one of the most overlooked parts of the funnel - the sales meeting - to learn how to score a few wins and convert buyer interest into revenue more effectively. We'll touch upon adjusting your approach to qualification & discovery, increasing buyer engagement in meetings, effectively managing multiple stakeholders, capitalising on buying signals, increasing momentum between meetings to move deals forward, and much more.
- Focusing on volume without conversion is like pouring water into a leaky bucket.
- The goal of the first meeting is to get the prospect to show up for the second meeting.
- More stakeholders than ever are involved in buying decisions. Top-performing sellers know how to engage all of them in meetings and beyond.
- Most sellers aren’t great at capitalising on buying signals. They also leave agreeing on the next steps until the last two minutes of the meeting. Both are costly mistakes.
- Losing momentum means losing the deal. Buyers tend to mirror sellers’ response times. Are you set up to be in buyers’ inboxes within 2 hours of finishing the meeting?